How well are you currently managing your finances as an entrepreneur? Are you paying yourself first and investing after getting paid? As a business owner, it’s important you adopt the profit-first model so you can pay yourself first each time without compromise.
Kristopher Meuwissen has been a self-employed financial advisor since 2012. He grew up in a financial advice household with both his parents running a financial business. He has an excellent understanding of what works and what doesn’t in finances and has learned how to employ a variety of approaches to benefit his clients.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Kristopher shares his journey as a financial entrepreneur and how to better manage finances as a freelancer. Listen in to learn why you should invest your money as a freelancer to start your wealth-building journey.
Kristopher talks about:
- Define your own version of wealth by understanding your values.
- Why cash flow is king in growing a successful business.
- Profit first – learn to pay yourself first as an entrepreneur.
- How to start investing your money and build wealth.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:09] Kristopher describes his journey as an entrepreneur; and how he applied his childhood financial lessons to find his career path.
- [4:27] How to make financial decisions based on values to find success and happiness in that area.
- [7:04] Cashflow is king. Kristopher explains why you need to have money coming in regularly or have the ability to make it for a long gap during payment delays.
- [8:06] The importance of understanding where you want to be and what those thresholds are to get you to a better financial position as an entrepreneur.
- [12;29] How to have a good financial mindset by understanding business risks and having the confidence and strength to jump when they happen.
- [14:01] Tips on how to manage your finances as a freelancer.
- [17:47] Why your biggest financial success is your ability to save money every time you get paid.
- [19:24] A few actionable financial steps you need to take to better manage your finances.
- Sign up for Kristopher’s Free Personal Finance Masterclass
- Learn more about Kristopher’s business, Wealtheon
- Follow Kristopher on Facebook and Instagram
- More episodes of the Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Looking for the key to unlock more profit in your creative business? Take the Profit Finder Quiz Today!