How do you position yourself as an expert and a business leader at a young age? Building a successful business at any age depends on your ability to provide quality work and present the newest and workable strategies to your clients.
Jeff Peroutka, at 23-years young, is the founder and CEO of Pror Marketing LLC, an SEO service provider that works with Digital Marketing Agencies on white-label projects. At the same time, the Pror team becomes the external “employee”. Because they have a company culture that values life-long learning and pursues SEO excellence by adopting leading trends early and implementing those newest strategies, they’re swift at making significant improvements to their clients’ SEO rankings.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Jeff describes how he went from being a freelancer on Upwork to starting his own business by providing quality work to his clients. Listen in to learn why hiring consultants to help you build systems will allow you to save time and scale your business faster.
Jeff talks about:
- How to start as a freelancer before expanding into a full-fledged business with a team.
- The value of working with consultants to build systems and scale your business.
- How to build a quality over quantity business based on relationships as a freelancer.
- How to position yourself and your business by showing up as a student of your craft.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:06] Get to know Jeff- his entrepreneurial background and how he’s helping businesses with SEO.
- [3:41] How to narrow down on a niche and become a master in it. Jeff explains how he specialized and mastered his craft in SEO.
- [4:34] The SOP challenge of a new business that Jeff experienced and is still trying to navigate to find a footing.
- [5:29] Jeff on how he started as a freelancer on Upwork before he branched out to a business with a team.
- [6:43] Why working as an SEO specialist gives Jeff the advantage of bringing a fresh perspective all the time.
- [7:54] The advantages of learning from an incubator process. Jeff shares the lessons he’s learned from going through the incubator process and working with co-founders.
- [10:59] How Jeff is running his business by hiring consultants to help him build systems that he can replicate instead of trying to learn everything by himself.
- [12:14] Jeff advises freelancers to focus on offering quality work and creating long-term relationships with clients to find success.
- [14:23] How Jeff’s background with entrepreneurial parents influenced his choice to become an entrepreneur.
- [15:17] How to position yourself as a student of your craft. Jeff explains how he positions himself in front of clients and ensures his young age is never a factor.
- [16:28] Jeff on how his agency is attracting new clients through horizontal marketing.
- Learn more about Jeff’s SEO agency at https://pror.io/
- Follow Jeff on Facebook and Instagram
- More episodes of the Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Looking for the key to unlock more profit in your creative business? Take the Profit Finder Quiz Today!