Are you challenging yourself and trying new things? To build resilience and have the courage to go after your passions even when you might fail requires you to challenge yourself and change your mindset.
Originally from Moldova, Volta celebrates food with art and animation. She the founder of Color Snack and her mission to watercolor the world can be seen in the various projects such as brand activations, custom illustrations, and animated GIFs that she creates for national and international brands (like Dallas Mavericks and Michaels Stores). She has taught thousands of students in her online and in-person watercolor workshops, where she encourages everyone to rediscover their inner artists.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Volta shares how she taught herself watercolor art over the years and eventually left her day job to pursue her passion. Listen in to learn how to change your mindset and start structuring both your mornings and days to perform at your best.
Volta talks about:
- Build resiliency by challenging yourself.
- How to change your mindset and avoid burnout to enjoy your work.
- Benefits of structuring your day to fit your priorities.
- Choose an intentional morning routine you can stay committed to.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:17] Volta describes her love for painting and how she specializes in watercolor food illustrations and animation.
- [4:55] Quitting the day job and starting as a freelancer. How Volta started her business Colorsnack by creating content on Instagram and quitting her marketing job.
- [7:29] How to practice more to find flow plus challenging your abilities to build resilience. Teach your mind to keep going without giving up.
- [10:02] How to be aware of burnout and avoid it by changing your mindset. Volta explains how she schedules her breaks away from work.
- [16:03] How to intentionally structure your day. Volta and Gabby each share how they structure their days.
- [19:24] Volta describes how her morning routine looks like and how it’s set to intentionally serve her.
- Visit Colorsnack
- Follow Volta on Facebook and Instagram
- More episodes of the Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Looking for the key to unlock more profit in your creative business? Take the Profit Finder Quiz Today!