Are you having a hard time finding a work-life balance as a creative? When you prioritize and manage your work-life balance, you’re also taking care of your mental health. A well-thought-out work-life balance means you’re productive without being overworked or burned out.
Raj Subrameyer is a tech career strategist focusing on helping people to land their dream job and become successful leaders. He is passionate about guiding professionals to maximize their opportunities and discover their zone of genius. He uses his experience in the tech industry to research, speak and write about how we can embrace technology and become full-on digital citizens. He is a sought-after speaker at various conferences, including giving multiple TEDx talks this year. He has been featured in numerous podcasts and publications, including Entrepreneur, CEOWORLD Magazine, Authority Magazine, Career Addict, Thrive Global, Addicted2Success, and The Good Men Project. He is also the author of the book – Sky Rocket Your Career.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Raj describes how he transitioned from an overworked and burned-out tech career to adopting time management and productivity strategies. Listen in to learn how to practice deep work instead of multitasking to become more productive and do more quality work.
Raj talks about:
- The lack of work-life balance in the tech world.
- Prioritize and manage your work-life balance for your mental health.
- Focus on deep work instead of multitasking to be more productive.
- The power of being intentional with how you manage your time.
- How to strategically approach work proactively rather than reactively.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:26] Get to know Raj and how he helps people in the tech space find their dream jobs and become successful in the industry.
- [3:37] The tech “persona”. How the majority of people in tech only think about work and don’t necessarily value a work-life balance.
- [6:47] Raj on how he transitioned from an overworked and burned-out success chasing individual to helping and serving others.
- [13:33] The cause of burnout in tech space. How most tech jobs demand multitasking, which is not a success determiner, plus how you can instead focus on your mental health.
- [19:55] Raj shares some of the success strategies that he follows to allow him to approach his work proactively rather than reactively.
- [25:38] How to set boundaries between work and your personal life by clearly communicating your availability for both, plus how to self-manage.
- [29:47] Actions steps to take to be more productive; download the Toggl app, analyze where you spend your time, and then take action on where you want to be spending your time.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Learn more about Raj
- Get Raj’s Book – Sky Rocket Your Career
- Connect with Raj on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn
- More episodes of The Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Not sure what to focus on to move your work towards more profit? Get your answer by taking the Profit Finder today!
- Subscribe to the Creativity+Commerce weekly newsletter – an irreverent look at the business of being creative