Do you have a marketing plan and strategy for your creative business, or do you feel like you’re flying blind and doing whatever comes across your plate each day? No matter what you’ve been doing up until now, being strategic in your marketing not only helps you grow, but it can help take a lot of the stress off your plate each day and bring better returns on your time and energy investment.
Rhea Allen is the President/CEO of Peppershock Media (est. 2003) and is known for her story-telling passion and extreme diligence in obtaining effective media campaign results by planning and crafting relevant and compelling messaging. She’s also an in-demand integrative marketing consultant, national presenter, and keynote speaker. Rhea emphasizes team building and creating a culture where she and her team can carry out superb work for their loyal Peppershock clients.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Rhea tells us about the journey her and her husband took starting and expanding their marketing firm, and how they help others do the same with their businesses. Listen in to learn the importance of having a marketing audit to understand your target audience and what you need to do to resonate with them.
Rhea talks about:
- How hard business lessons give you experience.
- How to adjust your services to fit what your clients want.
- Benefits of partnering with experts who know what you don’t.
- Why your business needs to do a marketing audit.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [0:23] Rhea explains how they started Peppershock and the different things that they help companies with.
- [4:44] Learned the hard way. How Rhea learned from the ground up the role of running an agency.
- [7:31] How they gradually expanded Peppershock as they continued to grow with their clients. The different resources they have created to help clients do DIY marketing.
- [11:21] Rhea shares how they married marketing strategy, planning, and creative production services together to find success. Plus, how they’ve built in-house expertise or outside partnering with other experts.
- [15:57] How to give people tools to monitor and monetize their business and get a return on the marketing investment.
- [17:43] The importance of performing a marketing audit to help understand your target audience. This will help you create a plan on how to approach them.
- [22:08] Rhea on some of the fun things she loves to do to unwind.