Do you often feel like the one-off offers you provide as a freelancer are not enough for both you and your client? How about positioning your services as the solution to your client’s problem and offering months-long project plans?
Cheryl Woodhouse is the founder of Tactile Design Co and a mentor to freelancers and solo service providers, teaching them how to ditch the toxic clients by creating and selling irresistible offers and building long-term, highly profitable relationships to end the income rollercoaster for good.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Cheryl shares the strategy she created that allows her to sell long-term projects rather than one-off projects as a solo provider. Listen in to learn how to find your clients’ problems and offer the best solutions by conducting industry research.
Cheryl talks about:
- How to position your service as a solution to customer’s problems.
- How to use your connections as sources of interviews for business research.
- How to create and sell a strategy to a client as a freelancer.
- How to build your network by spreading the word about your services.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:28] How figuring out how to create irresistible offers helped Cheryl grow her business.
- [3:58] The importance of conducting research when starting a business. Cheryl explains how she positions her service as the solution to problems by interviewing her target customer.
- [5:33] How to conduct industry research within your network. The strategy she uses to get interviews for research within her network.
- [8:42] How to create and position your services as a single strategy rather than several packages to help your client accomplish all their goals. Cheryl on how she went from selling one-off projects to selling strategies.
- [18:29] How to transform your retainer clients into months-long project plans to make it easier and create credibility for your work.
- [19:53] Cheryl on Tactile Design getting into the tourism sector in the future.
- [21:19] She explains why you should tell everyone what you do to get referrals and invites into new networks.
- Get Cheryl’s 10 steps to break into a new niche, attract clients you love, and secure long-term projects
- Learn more about Cheryl’s business, Tactile Design Co
- Follow Cheryl on Facebook and Instagram
- More episodes of the Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Looking for the key to unlock more profit in your creative business? Take the Profit Finder Quiz Today!