Do you have a working risk management plan in your business? One way you can manage risk in your business is by strategically planning for your growth so you don’t fail or go broke.
Victoria Wieck is the epitome of rags to riches American dream story. She immigrated from South Korea to America with her parents with only 30 dollars, and has built a multi-million-dollar business with over $500 million in retail sales. After a series of corporate jobs, Victoria started her own company in 1989 on a shoestring budget to spend more time with her family.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Victoria Wieck talks about her creative entrepreneurial journey and how she became successful by planning for her business growth. Listen in to learn the value of consistently taking small actionable steps to help you achieve your goals.
Victoria talks about:
- Managing your business growth by delivering quality excellence.
- How to carefully plan your growth.
- Finding a balance between high-risk and lower risk factors in your business.
- How to set manageable action steps towards your goals.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:36] Living the American dream. Victoria shares her coming to America story, and how she left corporate America to start and grow her creative business.
- [6:47] How to start and grow a diverse business. She explains how she built her business around her children even though it was international.
- [12:07] Have risk management in place when setting goals. How Victoria plans her business growth to not go broke.
- [18:44] The challenges she experienced and overcame in the jewelry design process.
- [29:08] The main features to consider when designing your product to get customers to pay more.
- [32:18] Define your goals and form manageable actionable steps that will help you achieve success in business and life.
- Get the Million Dollar Hobbies Freebie – Nine ideas you can turn into a dream business.
- Learn more about Victoria
- Follow Victoria on Facebook and Instagram
- More episodes of the Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Looking for the key to unlock more profit in your creative business? Take the Profit Finder Quiz Today!