Do you struggle with the business pieces of your creative business? Your creativity and passion alone will not get you the results you need to become a successful creative freelancer. To take your business from just an idea to an acquisition, you must first shift your mindset and start going after the quantum leap.
Beate Chelette is the Growth Architect and Founder of The Women’s Code and provides strategy blueprints and results-oriented, tangible tools and techniques that unify teams, give you clear steps to improve your business systems and strengthen your leadership skills. A first-generation immigrant who found herself $135,000 in debt as a single parent, Beate bootstrapped her passion for photography into a highly successful global business and eventually sold it to Bill Gates in a multimillion-dollar deal. She’s amongst the “Top 100 Global thought Leaders” by PeopleHum and “One of 50-Must Follow Women Entrepreneurs” by HuffPost.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Beate explains how to grow a creative business from the tried and proven ten percent annual growth to a quantum leap. Listen in to learn the importance of taking the steps necessary to save your business, plus overcome the shame of needing help to grow.
Beate talks about:
- Taking your creative business from idea to acquisition.
- Mastering and reprogramming your mindset to be forward-looking.
- Shifting to a positive mindset and going after the quantum leap in your business.
- Overcoming the shame of needing help in your business.
- How to define the avatar of your target audience.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:13] Beate on how she built and sold a stock photography syndication business to Bill Gates for millions of dollars plus how she helps visionaries and leaders to make an impact.
- [3:28] Beate’s Five Star Success Blueprint. How she teaches creatives to master and take their businesses from ideas to possible acquisitions.
- [5:35] Why you should hire someone to help you with the pieces of your business you struggle with, so you can focus on what you are good at.
- [7:41] She describes her Five Star Success Blueprint; analyze your business idea, think how to package your offer, look at your system of operation, build your team, and understand who you need to be as a leader.
- [14:05] How to eliminate mindset bridges that stop you from going after a quantum leap in your business instead of the tried and proven ten percent annual growth.
- [18:45] Beate describes the top 3 mistakes that creative entrepreneurs make that stop them from experiencing a quantum leap.
- [22:30] The 3 action steps to take as a creative entrepreneur to drive your business forward and make an impact.
- Discover how to close clients by partnering with them in the solutions, not by selling them something with Beate’s Airtight Avatar Masterclass
- Learn more about Beate Chalette
- Follow Beate on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- More episodes of The Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Not sure what to focus on to move your work towards more profit? Get your answer by taking the Profit Finder today!
- Subscribe to the Creativity+Commerce weekly newsletter – an irreverent look at the business of being creative