Would you like to accelerate your growth and establish yourself ahead of the competition as a freelancer? How about getting yourself a mentor? Seeking a mentor when building an online business is an intelligent move that will see you experience tremendous growth.
For the last 5 years, Mitko Karshovski has been living as a digital nomad and spent a majority of that time growing an agency from a small team of 6 to over 25 professionals working 100% remotely. At the end of 2020, he launched Parable, an online membership that uses detailed case studies of real-world 6, 7, and 8 figure location-independent businesses to teach people how to build an online business of their own that allows them to live life on their own terms.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Mitko explains the value of having a mentor and consistently actualizing their insights to set yourself up for success as a freelancer. Listen in to learn the importance of paying for your mentorship to establish your commitment to the mentor’s insights and develop a relationship with them.
Mitko talks about:
- The value of seeking mentorship when building a business.
- How to build mentorship relationships through consistency.
- Pay for mentorship to establish your commitment.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [1:43] Mitko on how his life experiences led him to pursue a digital nomad lifestyle with his wife.
- [4:27] He explains how he first got introduced to the online business world through drop shipping.
- [6:04] How to be mindful of your strengths and weaknesses as an entrepreneur. How Mitko used his strength in nurturing relationships to find a mentor who helped him accelerate the process of building his online business.
- [12:32] How to be consistent in interacting with your mentor and taking action on their advice to build a stronger relationship/friendship.
- [15:44] Understanding that mentors are not much different from you, they only have a few insights than you.
- [18:08] The power of consistently taking action to solve your business’s problems and have luck on your side.
- [20:18] Mitko explains why he started Parable to mentor beginner entrepreneurs on the application of available business information.
- [24:20] Why you should pay for mentorship to be recognized by your mentor as an action taker and establish a relationship with them.
- [25:42] He shares some of the things he enjoys as hobbies outside of his work.
- Learn More about Mitko at That Remote Life Website
- Connect with Mitko on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- More episodes of The Well-Paid Creative Podcast
- Not sure what to focus on to move your freelancing towards more profit? Get your answer by taking the Profit Finder today!
- Subscribe to the Creativity+Commerce weekly newsletter – an irreverent look at the business of being creative